Thursday 24 April 2014

D day!

Last night I tried to fit 5 weeks of things into the allowed no of suitcases and weight... We are talking about suits for work, safari clothing, workout, beach, leisure, rain, sun, warm, cold....presents, hering, Kalles kaviar, dalahorses...and everything else i need. The negotiations will continue this afternoon.

A couple of days ago, we had our first call with our client, WEF. The two ladies were very helpful and knowledgable. There are a lot of activities going on within WEF and a lot of energy to help the women in Kenya. And a lot of boundries and traditions to overcome. For example, the people in Kenya are used to that a lot of things coming from the government are free. So when WEF lends out money, some women think it's for free and that they don't have to pay it back. A lot of communication and training needs to come together with the loan. Things for us to work more with the following month.

Now I first look forward to a team lunch with my colleagues, a quiet flight to Africa and a first drink tomorrow in Rosman's garden in Dar.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ulla-Britt, enjoy the flight and hope to see you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alex! Thanks, I will! Right now I'm glad I'm starting with some vacation to land on planet earth again. Don't stress too much before you leave next week. I'm looking forward to finally meet!

    ReplyDelete